Theme: Exploration, Encounter, Exchange in Local History
Sponsored by the DeVore Family Foundation.
One winner will be selected from each of the following grade levels:
- Grades 6 – 8: First Place $250
- Grades 9 – 12: First Place $250
- All Sedgwick County students in grades 6 – 12 in a public, private, or parochial school, or those who are home schooled are eligible.
- The topic must be related to Wichita and/or Sedgwick County history.
- The entire essay must be the student’s original work. Any essay with information copied directly from sources without use of quotation marks and cited resource will be disqualified.
- The essay should be 1,000 – 1,500 words in length.
- All words count with the exception of the title page and bibliography.
- Any essay with information copied directly from sources without use of quotation marks and cited resource will be disqualified.
- The essay is to be handwritten in ink, typed, or prepared on a computer word processor, using black type in a non-script font no smaller than 12 point or larger than 14 point.
- Please include a Title Page with the following information:
- Title of the essay
- Contestant’s full name and age
- Contestant’s complete mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (if available)
- Name of contestant’s school with grade level indicated
- Essays must have a Bibliography listing all references utilized. Internet resources, if used, should be cited in similar format, along with the web address used to access the document online.
- Essays are due by April 15, 2016
- Entries may be dropped off at the museum’s front desk during business hours, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the museum’s mailing address: